Yale Faculty and Staff are particpating at UNGA78 as member of the Early Childhood Peace Consortium. The consortium respectuflly requests the member states to:
- Secure a UN Resolution on Early Childhood Development (ECD) and Peacebuilding to promote peace, social cohesion, and social justice.
- Share knowledge from the research and programmatic evidence and successful peacebuilding initiatives globally that link early childhood development and peacebuilding agendas. The ECPC is a technical ally and strong advocate to support UN member state champions for young children.
- Call for greater inclusion and focus on young children and their families in the ambitious New Agenda for Peace and Our Common Agenda Framework.
- Accelerate the achievement of SDG Goals 3, 4, 5 and 16 by promoting, investing, and operationalising public policy reforms and universal access to services that contribute to peacebuilding and the reduction of violence, starting with young children and their families.
- Call on the international community for their unwavering commitment to and strong partnerships for implementing and scaling up ECD services that foster a Culture of Peace, learning from and leveraging the expertise and experience of countries and networks like the Early Childhood Peace Consortium (ECPC) and the International Network on Peace Building for Young Children (INPB).